CODE OF ETHICS (FWDSA)
The Club has adopted the Four Wheel Drive South Australia Code of Ethics along with most other 4WD Clubs in SA.
It is strongly recommended that all Members adopt this Code for the benefit of the environment, the reputation of Four Wheel Drive users in general, the reputation of this Club in particular, and the way of life that we enjoy.
- Keep to the laws and regulations on recreation vehicles. They change from State to State.
- Others have a right to peace and solitude - avoid noisy driving or riding near settlements and general recreation areas.
- Keep to approved vehicle corridors and tracks. On beaches and unvegetated sand areas, drive only where permitted.
- Alpine areas, swamps and vegetated dunes are easily damaged. Avoid them.
- Respect our wildlife. Stop and look, but never disturb or chase animals. It can affect their survival.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry home your own, and maybe other peoples, rubbish.
- Obey all fire restrictions. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Don’t let your exhaust emit sparks.
- Obey restrictions on use of Public Land. Respect National Parks and other conservation areas.
- Get permission before driving on private land. Leave livestock alone, and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and quiet with an efficient muffler.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and spares on trips. In remote areas travel with
- Join an appropriate and responsible club if you use your vehicle mainly for recreation.